Sunday, June 29, 2008

onward to RUSSIA!

Still charmed from Norway, we've said our goodbye's and are traveling at about 13 knots. Bergen, Norway has left me with vibrant memories of a dimly lit harbor that lasts til morning, troll statues on every corner, and lush landscapes passing as we rode the train to a local extreme sports festival. We should arrive in St. Petersberg before long. Professors are attempting to teach us the most important Russian phrases "I don't understand," "where is the U.S. embassy?" and "I don't speak Russian." I've learned a good deal about the history of Russia - a fascinating and confusing place. I have so much to share but have to now go take a biology exam. I'm told I can take it on the back deck as long as I'm careful not to let the scantron fly away with the wind. But I don't think I'd mind seeing it go.

No comments: